16 weeks 2days
Emily had this up, and I do not feel like working! So please, if you like it, meme it too
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg nog, ugh there used to be this low fat egg nog that I could get in Newfoundland, and I can’t find it here (Toronto) this year – only the scary doesn’t need to be in the fridge reduced fat egg nog from presidents choice, I even tried soy nog and it’s gross….
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa, and all his little helpers should always wrap, that is the whole fun!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Rainbow of colours! I am tacky, but, all those colours means christmas to me.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually around the 17th of Christmas or the weekend nearest to it, so this weekend will be it (except out doors lights they go up about a week earlier).
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Turkey with dressing, I LOVE LOVE making a turkey, the brining, the roasting, the stuffing (NOT a butter ball – those are gross) the real way for a juicy bird is the brine.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Every Christmas really, I loved the traditions, the Christmas eve supper, church, and traditions of the Christmas morning breakfast (ham and eggs!).
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What do you mean the truth about Santa?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? My parents ALWAYS gave me pjs for Christmas night and I really miss that tradition.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Multi coloured lights and bulbs and special little ornaments I have collected from various places, I love a variety tree (I despise those eaton store nothing but blue lights with white bulbs look – so cold).
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Only on Christmas eve and day, then sun.
12. Can you ice skate? I am from rural Canada, we all skate, we come out skating on ponds.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Will probably steal from Emily and say my cabage patch kid named eric, he was a premie and I LOVED him. Also got some fabulous barbies too… loved the one that came with a baby (I know, I was obsessed with babies as a child).
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending it with those that I love, this year it will be me and hubby and our wee little dog.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? This cookie with marshmallows/graham cracker crumbs/condensed milk/cocoa. Hmmmmm.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas eve! As a child we always had salt fish (which I hated!) and different breads and cookies and fruit. I still loved the tradition, hauling out the special Christmas napkins… I’ve been trying out lots of my own Christmas eve traditions (my husbands in lasagne) but I think fish cakes will be ours.
17. What tops your tree? A glowing star (I think, I can’t remember will have to haul it out this weekend and see).
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving giving giving!
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Are amazing in chocolate.
20 Favorite Christmas Show? Do I have to pick one? The Grinch, cartoon, lampoons christmas movie, the shoot your eye out christmas movie (really almost ANY christmas movie)..
21. Saddest Christmas Song? I’ll be home for Christmas, makes me cry, and reminds me of the Christmas I spent all alone.
22. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Footsteps by the barenaked ladies.