A post in points.
26 weeks 6 days
- I told my sister, and then we got on skype together and told my parents. It was great to have her support and she took the lead controlling the situation, it was just what I needed and I have no idea what I would have done without her.
- My parents were in total shock and asked no questions at all, but, called my sister an hour later and grilled her for info, so far so good, I think.
- I seem to have a cold, there has been one going around at work, and for some reason I am having lots of cramps, which is weird given the continuous BCP that I am taking.
- I start pumping in 3 weeks! So very excited that I decided to induce lactation, women who can’t be pregnant miss out on so many things (the kicks, the belly rubs from husbands, the conversations about pending babies, the security of knowing that your babies are with you) and it makes me so very happy that when the babies are born I can breastfeed, I know bfing twins will not be easy, but that’s fine with me, and I am totally prepared to supplement with formula (the lact-aid arrives on Monday). I will have to write a post about it sometime in the next few weeks, because my bfing has nothing to do with breast milk, I am not one of those breastmilk crazies and am fine if the twins only get a small amount of milk, for me, it is about the bonding experience, it’s about being what (in my mind) the role of a new mother is, and that’s what I will be, a new mother.
- Looking forward to watching the game tonight, and obviously there is no need to tell you what game I am referring to.
- Thanks for all your comments on your last post, it helps to read that others also felt this way at this point in the pregnancy, I am looking forward to the 30 week mark when, hopefully, it will pass.