The eve of 35.(updated)
34 weeks 6 days
- I’m happy to report that we are almost into week 35. Tomorrow marks the first day of the 35th week for the babies. Each week means that the babies will spend less and less time in the NICU.
- Not too much new here – I’ve been busy pumping and cleaning and cooking (I’ve baked 2 lots of “lactation cookies” – I modified the recipe to increase the amount of oats, flax and brewers yeast – so it’s even healthier – and my freezer is now full of quick snacks.
- I’ve weeded my garden and all the lovely plants we planted last year are coming back to life, including the tulips that we planted last fall (maybe if the babies stay gestating I will take a pic).
- The next OB appointment is on Wednesday (looking forward to seeing M and hearing about how long more the babies may bake). The OB’s original plan was to plan an induction once M reaches 37 weeks according to her date-line(May 13th) – M’s OB has the due date as June 3rd and IVF.ca, myself and the high risk doc calculated the due date as May 31st.
- IVF.ca predicted that the babies “twin due date” is May 9th, mother’s day, and we’re hoping that the babies bake until then.
I know days of silence may have you wondering if the babies are here, and I promise, we will post something if anything exciting happens, Mr. Duck has a blackberry and I can post from that.
And now some pics of the nursery: